Monday, August 15, 2011

Red Tailed Hawk Beak and Eye Close Up

This is the same young bird of prey in the post below. After seeing the photos showing the beak close up, I decided to post today for anyone who wants to see a good look at a red tailed hawk beak.  The eye is clean and clear but is not quite the richer iris color of the mature red tailed hawk...a little more time and the eye will be that of an adult. On the chest there is more "butter scotch" color than when Jesse was younger.  A detailed full shot of this hawk will be posted when I get a really good one.


Click for larger view. Sorry, the watermark across the photo is needed to help prevent unauthorized use of photographic property belonging to me and the raptor center.  For prices of large prints without the watermark please email me from link at top right. I will clear your email from the spam blocker and get back with you, keeping your information private.

No comments:

Post a Comment